error in manual?

From: Julian Peterson
Subject: error in manual?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:36:15 -0400

I think I found an error in the lilypond documentation for 2.8.x, although as I'm still quite new to lilypond there is a good chance that it's my own misunderstanding...

Section 4.5 contains this snippet:

padText = #(define-music-function (parser location padding) (number?) #{ \once \override TextScript #'padding = #$padding #})

Which seems to contain an extra # preceding $padding. I had to remove it to get this example to work, and further examples seem to be consistent with using only a $.

Thanks,
Julian Peterson