OOoLilyPond question

From: David Bobroff
Subject: OOoLilyPond question
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:42:45 +0000

I've got OOoLilyPond apparently working. I'm collaborating with someone who prefers to work in a word processing environment. I got him to install OpenOffice on his WindowBox. That way we can easily pass the file back and forth.

Now, to the real question: I put in a short musical example as a test. It was more than one line long. This was intentional. It was a nine measure snippet. It came out on three lines. Four measures on the first line, four on the second, and one on the last. Additionally, the two four-measure lines were not the same width. Why is this? Is OOoLilyPond limited to one-liners? I hope not. This would be a show-stopper. Is it because the Lily code is not contained within a \score {} block? OOoLilyPond chokes on \score {} blocks (at least on my machine).

Also, I added a symlink to the templates etc. but this is not remembered by OOoLilyPond when I start it OpenOffice again (or perhaps it's after a new login or reboot).

Help?

-David
LilyPond 2.8.7
Fedora Core 5