Re: VOCAL Cue Note Problems

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: VOCAL Cue Note Problems
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:12:53 +0000 (UTC)

Holly Briscoe <areyouhungrydear <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> The cue notes discussed in section 8.3.4 of version 2.8.6 of
> the manual aren't exactly what I'm dealing with. The cue notes
> I need are in the vocal parts, where an optional note is
> printed in case the choir has enough voices to cover more than
> the four basic voices (i.e., baritone or second soprano added
> to soprano/alto/tenor/bass).

They're not really cue notes then, am I right?

If they're an actual voice, and not just some extra notes in a
chord, I'd use "\small" in the separate voice and separate the
voices with \voiceOne, \voiceTwo etc.

I've seen this more often within a chord, though.  Not sure how
to typeset that with lilypond; I guess what I'd want is something
along the lines of \harmonic, to notate optional notes in a
chord (by making them smaller or putting them in parantheses).

Overriding the notehead font size of only part of a chord doesn't
work, at least not in a way I've found yet...

--

Arvid