seven-shape shape note system

From: Mark
Subject: seven-shape shape note system
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 01:52:18 +0000 (UTC)

I was wondering if Lilypond can do the seven-shape shape note system, or if it
only does four (I only found the four-note system in the documentation).  If it
can do the seven-shape system, how does one do it?

On a side note: I'm a big fan of the seven-shape system, but frankly, the
four-note system doesn't make much sense to me.  Why use the four-shape system?
 Does it have advantages?  If so, what are they?