Changing polyphonic per-voice rest position

From: Bruce Bertrand
Subject: Changing polyphonic per-voice rest position
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:40:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,
I'm new to Lilypond and this list, so please forgive me if this has already been
covered.

I'm trying to change the vertical position of rests in a polyphonic staff.
I found this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-01/msg00005.html

which says to use " \override Rest #'staff-position = #x " with in the voice
context.  That works quite well when using a non-zero number.  But I want to
make the rests for voiceTwo appear centered on the middle line, and using "0"
does not move the rest at all (ie. it appears where a voiceTwo rest would
normally appear).

Is there something I'm missing?
Here's an excerpt:
--------------------------------------