LilyPondTool 2.8 - release

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: LilyPondTool 2.8 - release
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:43:37 +0200

Dear LilyPond users,

I'm very happy that I can announce, that after a year of waiting, the updated, upgraded, enhanced version of LilyPondTool, the most sophisticated development environment for LilyPondTool is available for download. It is a very important release.
Major highlights:

- HOT: PDF viewer integrated, smartly closing and refreshing document, and with point-and-click out-of-the-box
- updated for LilyPond 2.8
- updated syntax highlighting
- some new macros and templates
- new floating window: LilyPond instant help
- Properties are initially set to windows installation defaults
- many bugfixes, including convert-ly works again
- Unix/Linux and OS X are not supported officially, but should work. Cygwin also not supported any more (it was too hard to maintain)

I'm a bit sad, that the "real" lilypond parser could not be fully included in this release, however you can try it for, if you turn it on in plugin options.

I've created a new site, with documentation, news etc. at http://lilypondtool.organum.hu

Installation can only be made manually at this time, however it's easy:
- install jEdit 4.3pre6 or later
- install the following Plugins via plugin manager: Console, ErrorList, Jakarta Commons, SideKick, Templates
- download the lily4jedit-binary-2.8-b1.zip file from
- unzip this file into your jEdit directory, for example c:\program files\jEdit 4.3pre6 - the zip file will contain all the necessary folders

If you have any problems, please contact me.

Bert