Re: Preferred way of invoking lilypond from the commandline under OS X?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Preferred way of invoking lilypond from the commandline under OS X?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:13:14 -0500

On 8/29/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Trevor Bača wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's currently the preferred way of invoking lilypond from the
> commandline under OS X?
>
> Is it still to go the lilycall.py way or is it now better to call
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond directly?
>
> Or is there a third alternative?

Lilycall should be deprecated. Just run the lilypond binary directly.

Will do.

Graham, I know the manual is feature-ready and in a wait state for
final release. If it's easy to add, we might insert into 13.2
something like "To invoke LilyPond from the commandline under OS X,
run path/to/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond. The same is
true of the other scripts in the /bin directory, including
lilypond-book, convert-ly, abc2ly, etc."

> (The manual at 13.2 "Notes for the MacOS app" mentions that scripts
> exist in /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin, but is
> silent as to the best way to invoke the app.)

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com

--