Re: Crossing of Voices in Polyphonic Music ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Crossing of Voices in Polyphonic Music ?
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:27:14 +0200

Read about glissando in the manual. Maybe the resulting lines give the
layout you want.

  /Mats

Quoting Ben Hoefer <address@hidden>:

 Hi,

 how can I indicate or mark the crossing of two voices?

 Let's say, voice one goes like this:

 c2 a2 b1

 And voice two goes like this:

 c'2 f4 e4 d1

Now I want to do more than just type these notes: I want to indicate the crossing of the two voices by means of a line (better: two lines) - a symbolism I've often seen in polyphonic scores.

 But how can a code that in Lilypond? (I use version 2.8.6).

 So, please give me some hints or show me some tricks.

 Thanks in advance!

 Sincerely, Ben.