Re: First time user, can't seem to compile examples from mutopia

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: First time user, can't seem to compile examples from mutopia
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 07:49:48 -0700

Howard Jones wrote:
Just installed lilypond using the script located at
http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/linux-x86_/lilypond-2.8.6-1.linux.sh

I installed it on an x86 running Debian stable.  Tried
to compile the .ly file here:
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/BachJS/BWV997/bwv997-01prelude_/bwv997-01prelude.ly

I get these errors, which I don't understand at all:

http://pastebin.com/771840
That page doesn't load for me right now but you are better off to compile an example from the documentation for your version. Many (most?) of the examples on Mutopia were compiled with earlier versions of LilyPond and won't compile with the latest versions. You can find threads on that in the archives.

Paul Scott