using ossia to hide stave

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: using ossia to hide stave
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:00:08 +0200

Hi list !

I'm engraving a french cantata which begins with a "récitatif".
This piece begins itself with a bass line alone, and the voice enters after few
measures.

I've been using \stopStaff and \startStaff, which works very well, except one
thing : I still have
clef and time signature at each time, so the soprano line is only half hidden !
Here's my soprano.ly :

soprano =
<<

\context Voice {
\relative c'' {
\stopStaff
\partial 4*1 s4
s1 s s s s s s s s s
\startStaff
\clef G
\time 2/2
r2 r4 g
c c8 d e4 e8 c
(...) }}

}
\addlyrics {
Quelle est la dé -- es -- se (...)
}

In the ossia exemple, there's a \remove "Time_signature_engraver" : where can I
put it (the
structure of my ly file is not the same as in the tips and tricks), and is
there the same thing to
avoid the G clef at the beginning of each line ?

Best regards !

JMarc