Markup text through transparent barline

From: Michael J Millett
Subject: Markup text through transparent barline
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:51:19 -0500

\version "2.8.4"

Is there a way to write a text markup that causes part of the barline to be transparent?

I am attempting to put a word in the center of a piano staff, in the middle of a right-handed repeat barline, such that the word shows through, and only that part of the barline becomes transparent.

I have tried using \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t in a lot of different ways, but so far haven't gotten it to do what I am seeking.

Thanks again ahead of time for your help.

Michael