Problem creating Macro on \repeat

From: Pietro Casella
Subject: Problem creating Macro on \repeat
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 03:15:01 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to create something like this:

blankbar = #(define-music-function (parser location x) (number?)
#{
        \repeat unfold $x {s1}
#})

\blankbar #56

but I get the error message:

<string>:2:23: error: syntax error, unexpected NUMBER_IDENTIFIER, expecting DIGIT
> or UNSIGNED
        \repeat unfold
                       \lilyvartmpa {s1}
error: errors found, ignoring music expression

if I replace $x with a number I get no error. Any ideas on how to fix
this? I already tried some other types for the x parameter but none of
them seemed right...

Thanx much

Pietro