Re: Tremollos

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Tremollos
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:27:20 +0100

Olá, Kieren,

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Key points to remember:
1. The duration of the note(s), e.g., c32, will determine the duration of the tremolo (e.g., how many beams will be printed). 2. The overall length of the resulting tremolo will be the combined duration of the alternating notes (i.e., inside the {} brackets) multiplied by the \repeat parameter -- e.g., \repeat "tremolo" 4 { c32 d32 } will be 4 x (2 x 32nd) = 4 x 16th = 1 quarter in duration, as seen in the final template example.

This really helped me. Thanks.

I think it would be nice to add this explanation to the documentation file. I was looking into:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Tremolo-repeats.html#Tremolo-repeats

Thanks again, :)
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal

"Beware of bugs in the above code;
 I have only proved it correct, not tried it."
                                   --- Donald Knuth