Exception properties differences, undocumented feature?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Exception properties differences, undocumented feature?
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:10:30 -0700 (PDT)

(v2.8.5)...

What is the difference between the following 3 properties?

chordNameExceptions (list)
chordNameExceptionsFull (list)
chordNameExceptionsPartial (list)

I currently use "chordNameExceptions" occasionally to translate my note
stacks to chord names I like.  (I prefer entering chord names as note stacks
because that just makes more musical sense to me using the ChordNames
context, and have been mostly pleased with the results).

Is there any special purpose to the "Full" and "Partial" versions of this
property?

Can I benefit from these in any way by being able to do something that
"chordNameExceptions" alone wont already do for me?

I would not ask this but I could not find a reference in the user manual,
and the program reference manual really does not explain why I might use one
over the other, I also looked at "chord-names-jazz.ly" but I can only make
assumptions from that, also a scan of Nabble did not turn up anything.

Does Partial mean it will match on just the beginning few notes of a stack
to discern the basic character of a chord as m, maj, dim, aug, or sus
without regard for extended tensions where those would be handled by the
other properties list?  If I set both lists are the entries mutually
exclusive, does one list take priority?

I'm confused, but If the chordNameExceptionsPartial/Full lists can be of
benefit then I want to learn them.

thanks
Rick