Re: triangle chord notation

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 06:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

"Johannes Schöpfer" wrote:

> c:6.9 would print "c6/9" and not "c6/add9", and i think that is what
> everybody expects from this input.

Yes, same for notes-to-chord-names technique which I use, IOW I dont use the
names directly.  I code the note stack <c e g a d> and it generates "C 69"
(hopefully).  Where it doesnt's it generates "add" whatever, which I
override in exceptions.

Also the exceptions list should do it's matching exactly to your source code
notes.   Most people seem to be coding names, I prefer to code the notes
themselves, then override those to get the name I want.  (makes me quicker
at identifying chords too as I play them)

Rick