Re: triangle chord notation

From: Stewart Holmes
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 22:36:27 +0100

Academics poison the well when they use the system for analysis, which is
a purpose for which it was never intended.  Do not follow the
innovations suggested by academic articles.  It leads to such abominations
as the flat13th chord or the B#7, which is better written C7, regardless
of a big fat bis being in the score.

I think there comes a point when the line between ease of playability & musical correctness start to overlap. Personally, I think that writing B# as C for ease of reading is just incorrect. I see where you're coming from, but I think this is a compromise too far.

Stewart