Re: Fixing a font size

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fixing a font size
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:48:11 -0700

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) wrote:
The idea in the end was to have a template
where I can tweek the flow of the music without affecting my headings.  So I
have a consistent amount of heading on each page and a consistent amount of
working space below it for music.  Being able to reduce/enlarge only the
music portion allows me to "best fit" the music on the page from
song-to-song without causing the headings to look different on each page
"ransome note effect".

I don't know how to do this with lilypond. However, I'm not certain that you really want to -- IMO, a book with different music sizes looks really weird (other than having a smaller violin staff for a pianist to look at). Why not change the spacing of each score, with ragged-bottom or manually?

Cheers,
- Graham