Re: Gregorian notes on _five lines_

From: Michał Dwużnik
Subject: Re: Gregorian notes on _five lines_
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:16:16 +0200

2006/7/31, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:
I would try something like
<<
\new VaticanaVoice{ ... }

That gives two voices on two staffs, as expected I assume :)
The manuscript is one staff.

but I don't really have any experience with the support for gregorian
notes,
so you may have to experiment a bit.

The result obtained may be ok, yet the tricks are a bit against the logic.

\include "gregorian-init.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 36)
\score {
<<
        \relative c
        \new VaticanaVoice = "cantus" {
        \clef "medicaea-do3" \[c32 c32\] <<d f>>
        <<f b>> <<c, c'>>
        }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "cantus"
        {
        Lo- rem ip- sum

gives a nearly perfect neume alignment (the two "c"s at the beginning
shall ideally touch each other, result may be better if some pes is
used instead (more experiments needed) ), yet breaks down the lyrics
alignment (fairly obvious, needs worlaround).
Turning of the ligature yields OK lyrics and too large "notehead" spacing.
Hmm, a workaround would be to put some invisible padding in the lyrics context,
but I couldn't find a way to do that.

Cheers
Michal

BTW- where's correct place for overriding the VaticanaVoice line
numbering (I promice to look into the program reference).