Re: LP printing problems

From: Dave Phillips
Subject: Re: LP printing problems
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:25:28 -0400

Paul Scott wrote:

Dave Phillips wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:

I'm not aware of any recent spacing changes. Could you produce a very short example which shows this behavior with the two different versions?

See the LP notice at the bottom of this page:

   http://www.linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/gfhtrio4/gfhtrio4.html

I missed the "text" font part. That version looks double-spaced or stretched to fit the line. All I can say is that it looks great in 2.9.13.

Maybe I'll upgrade. I don't usually have any horrifying problems compiling it here.

Note that when I use make-pango-font-tree the spacing reverts to what I'm used to seeing.

It looks like a fun piece. I'm a flutist. It looks like it might also be great with bass or alto flute substituted for the harp. Our Tucson Flute Club has two flute ensembles who might be interested in playing it.

Have at it. Any guitarists around ? The part's pretty easy but it sounds cool. :)

I might suggest using R1 instead of r1 for your whole measure rests.

Nice, thanks again. I've updated the Web page, thanks a lot for helping make it look better.

Best,

dp