Re: A new freeware LilyPond editor for Windows

From: Thibaut Chevalier
Subject: Re: A new freeware LilyPond editor for Windows
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:36:30 +0200

Thanks for the information, I have just downloaded ConTEXT and installed your highlighting file and user commands and everything is working very nice. I had endless problems with jEdit so I am glad you told about ConTEXT. I also find ConTEXT far better, particularly to access the different opened files (with the explorer on the left or the tabs).

One question : Do you know how to use convert-ly under windows ? Is this a separate program I cannot find or it is a command to add with lilypond(-windows).exe I did not find ? The doc is only dealing with unix or Mac.

And one suggestion : You should add in your text at the top of the .chl file to turn on the option : "Capture console output" for the compile user key (F9...), else we don't know what happens (because the windows console auto-close at the end of the compilation).

Anyway thanks very much for your work on the highlighting !

Thibaut.