Re: Re: Lilypond store?

From: Stewart Holmes
Subject: Re: Re: Lilypond store?
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:40:02 +0100

I don't think there's much problem about people willing to buy... the quality can be as good or better as printed editions, thanks to Lilypond, and the price can be very reasonable due to very little overhead. I'd quite happily buy (decent) scores from the internet if they were around the same price/cheaper than printed editions. Other people obviously do too, as evidenced by www.everynote.com, and www.musicnotes.com (which is pretty expensive, and the scores not that great).

I think this really could be work. To take the example of http://www.everynote.com/goods.1/JSB_PreFug_1_01.pdf from everynote, which costs $1.87. Would you rather pay for that, or a similar amount for a nicely typeset Lilypond version, e.g. http://www.mutopiaproject.org/ftp/BachJS/BWV846/wtk1-prelude1/wtk1-prelude1-a4.pdf (one of the better engraved parts of Mutopia)?

Stewart

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Cave" <address@hidden>