Re: Three more questions: centered instr. names / neomensural noteheads

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Three more questions: centered instr. names / neomensural noteheads / incipit
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:49:55 +0200

AmXlie Aubut wrote:

2) If the modern clefs were right beside the double bar (instead of beeing apart from it). I guess this as something to do with the skips needed so that the new clefs get printed after the double bar, but I can't see what I can do to get rid of that huge space between the incipit and the main body...

Use
  \set Staff.forceClef = ##t
  \once \override Staff.Clef #'full-size-change = ##t
to get a clef without using skips. Wait a second, you already do that.
I have to think a bit more about why you use the skips.

3) If, in the Incipit, the stems of neomensural note were centered with the note heads. In Lilypond's user manual, here, http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ancient-note-heads.html#Ancient-note-heads it is said that "The neomensural style differs from the baroque style in that it uses rhomboidal heads for whole notes and all smaller durations. Stems are centered on the note heads." An exemple is given, for neomensural style, but the stems are NOT centered on the note heads. I think it is a bug... Is there a way I can center them manually?

It seems that this bug has already been fixed and should not appear in the
coming 2.8.6 version.

In the meantime, it should always be possible to move the stem using
\override Stem #'extra-offset = #'(-0.5 . 0 )
or whatever value (I can't test it here, since I have compiled my own version of LilyPond using the latest version of the source code from the CVS server,
where the bug already is solved).

 /Mats