Re: Vertical Spacing Not Working

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing Not Working
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:52:26 +0200

Will Oram <address@hidden> writes:

> It's technically what he said. The space between staves is definitely
> at a minimum. But all the space removed from these spots is just
> shoved to the bottom. The problem has not changed -- the glaring
> emptiness is just on a different area of the page. Page 1 of my
> current score has 7 to 9 cm of nothingness. It looks very
> unprofessional for a multipage score.
>
> What I seek is dispersing white space between system staves. A system
> should take up as much of its alotted division as is practical. Look
> at a published full orchestra score. In most cases there is a single
> system per page, and it extends from top to bottom.

Then write more carefully your spec in your question the next time, we
will both gain time.
Read The Fine Manual: 11.3.4 Controlling spacing of individual systems
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Controlling-spacing-of-individual-systems.html>

Search this mailing list for "two-pass spacing".