chordnames vs lyrics problem

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: chordnames vs lyrics problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:47:29 +0300

I'm trying to typeset a SATB piece, with chords for piano

The problem:

the sopranos partially have their own lyrics (three verses, so it takes a lot of room)

If I put the ChordNames above the lyrics, the placement of the chords looks rather stupid where the sopranos sing the same as the rest,
I tried putting the cords under the lyrics and tweak the cordnames up above the lyrics where necessary, but this also moves the lyrics up

I tried putting the ChordNames under the lyrics, and moving up, but this was not successful.

* I tried doing the moving with
\once \override ChordNames.ChordName #'Y-offset = #6
and
%\once \override ChordNames.ChordName #'Y-offset = #-6

respectively

Attached2, and chords above with tweak, and chords below with tweak

What I would like: I want the chordnames  "under" where there are no special soprano lyrics, but "over" the special soprano lyrics. How can I accomplish such a thing?

regards,

Simon

PS. lily 2.8.4 on winxp