Position stanzas as a table

From: CSÉCSYLászló
Subject: Position stanzas as a table
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 08:55:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I want to set out a piece's six additional stanzas as a table, without success.
How should I instruct lilypond to do so? I want the baseline of two lines in the
same row to line up in http://frugalware.org/~boobaa/stuff/goudimel_146-utf8.ly
(available as http://frugalware.org/~boobaa/stuff/goudimel_146-utf8.pdf too) -
how to do this?

Now I have two \columns, each having three \lines (the stanzas), and each \line
has two "inner" \columns for the number and the text. This way the stanzas line
up vertically, but not horizontally. If I have three \lines, each line
consisting of four \columns, I get the very same result (different .pdf, which
looks the same, pixel by pixel).

Please tell me how should I set this out - I must have forgotten something.

Thanks,
Boobaa