including eps file

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: including eps file
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:36:02 +0200

Hi,

In lilypond 2.8.4 I'm trying to attach an eps file above a staff with
the \epsfile markup command. the eps file gets included, but seems to
be anchored to the bottom of the page instead of being related to the
staff no matter how I change the parameters of the markup.

I attach the lilypond file with a normal text markup to indicate,
where the eps graphic should appear and the eps file itself. Replacing
line 14 by line 15 in the lilypond source includes the eps file
anchored to the bottom of the page.

gv displays the graphic correctly (rotated by 90 degrees).

Another related question: How can I find documentation on the possible
values for the "axis" parameter of \epsfile? I guess it is something
like "horizontal" or "vertical" coded into an integer, but which one
is coded how? I often stumble across such definitions desperately
trying to find some description of the possible values of parameters
and always hope there is some place in the documentation which I'm not
aware of (and haven't encountered yet).

--
Orm