Slightly OT: MIDI recording on a Mac?

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Slightly OT: MIDI recording on a Mac?
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:58:08 +0200

Hi folks,

a little off-topic, I admit...

I want to let our keyboard player input a score, and I was thinking
that the easiest, and quickest way, would be to let him play it on our
keyboard and record it on my notebook, so that I can combine the
various parts into one part and re-generate MIDIs and transposed music
(with Lilypond!) for all the voices.

Can anyone recommend hardware and software solutions for an Apple
TiBook? Due to ... certain circumstances I can only run Mac OS 10.1 on
my laptop... HD is a bit freaked out. I do have GarageBand on the
iMac, but after copying it to my laptop it only bounced a few times
and then disappeared from the Dock.

TIA!

Christ van Willegen