Re: artificial harmonic function

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: artificial harmonic function
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:01:51 -0500

On 5/26/06, Kieren Richard MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:
[ Lilypond 2.9.5 ]

Hello, all --

Has anyone built their own artificial (string) harmonic function?

Specifically, I'm thinking something like

   \ah { c4 f c'' }

to get the c (stopped note) in the given duration, the f (touched
node) as a diamond-shaped note in the same chord (i.e., sharing
stems, flags, etc.), and a small parenthesized quarter note head (no
stem or flag, regardless of the value of the stopped note) at the
sounding pitch (here, c two octaves above the stopped pitch).

Nice. I've wondered this myself. Let me know what you find ... hopefully there might also be a corresponding two-element form like

  \ah { c4 f }

if you want just the stopped note and touched node, without printing the resultant pitch.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden