Fingering Type Size

From: Carrick Patterson
Subject: Fingering Type Size
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:33:02 -0500

Using version 2.8 on the Macintosh, I have been trying to make the fingering numbers (for cello) a bit bigger to suit my aging eyes.

I put in:

\override Fingering #'font-size = #2

This made the fingering numbers about four times bigger. So I tried reducing the number as far down as #0.2 in various increments, but the numbers stayed the same size, that is, about four times as big. That is bigger than I want -- I'm really looking for maybe 50% bigger.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something unusual about the Mac?

I'd appreciate any help.