Re: Which frontend?

From: Eyolf Ostrem
Subject: Re: Which frontend?
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:05:45 +0200

On Sat 29 April 2006 19:03, Franz Fellner wrote:
> Hi
>
> > 3. Jedit + LilyPond plugin
> > Looks very promising, but apparently there's something wrong with my java
> > setup, because if I try to do anything more than the most basic text
> > input, I get errors and nothing happens.
>
> To get this work properly i had to use jre-1.5.0 instead of the (standard)
> jre-1.4.x!

Hm. I already have jre 1.5.0, so that can't be it. One of these days, I might
post the error messages I get, in case anyone is interested (and able/willing
to help me out - I like what I (think I) see in jedit...)

> There is also a Lilypond-Kate-Plugin (Just Syntax-Highlighting) but better
> then nothing :D

How could I forget Kate - which is what I use when all the frontends fail me -
which they all do, in some way or another :-)
There is something similar for vim, I think - haven't used it yet, but for the
sake of completeness.