Re: Repeat question - cross staff slur

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repeat question - cross staff slur
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:33:05 +0200

In the Regression Tests document, you can find an example called
slur-cross-staff.ly which illustrates how well/bad LilyPond handles
this for the moment. The desirable layout in these situations is probably
a slur that is printed below the upper stave and above the lower stave,
looking something like

_________________/
/

or

\___________________
                                       \

However, this is not yet supported in LilyPond as far as I know.
You may want to take a look at the example in the Tips and Tricks
document called slur-manual.ly though.

 /Mats

Vivian Barty-Taylor wrote:

I posted this question some time ago but haven't had
any responses as yet - maybe it didn't get through. I
want a cross-staff slur within a PianoStaff context.
I've tried putting all the notes into one voice and
then putting the \change Staff command within the
voice context. The start of the slur is not anywhere
near the first note, though, and I can't decipher the
documentation to work out how to manually move this
point.

Could somebody help?

Many thanks,
Vivian, Netherlands.