Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:22:56 -0700

On 26-Apr-06, at 10:36 PM, Michael Brennan wrote:

David Feuer wrote:
On 4/19/06, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> wrote:
In 2.8 there's an essential difference between grob and context properties, which is visible for end-users: the \tweak command only makes sense on layout object properties, not on context properties. This difference might make it
easier for new users to understand grob properties.

Actually it helps me, as a new user.
When I first read the manual I didn't see any clear explanation of the difference, the docs could be more clear on that point. But when I realized that one was for grobs and the other for context, it became much clearer, for me it helps separating and understanding
grobs and contexts.

Great! You now officially know more about this area than me, because I don't have a clue when to use \override or \set. Please take a few minutes to send me some clarifications or additions for the manual:
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

Cheers,
- Graham Percival, LilyPond Documentation Editor