Re: Stem lengths in 2.8.1

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Stem lengths in 2.8.1
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:54:50 -0500

I noticed that the stem lengths are calculated differently.

lengths, a list:
\override Stem #'lengths = #'(3.5 3.5 7.0 4.5 5.0)

seems to be replaced with length, a dimension or stem-end-position, a number:
\override Stem #'length = #13.5

The number 7.0 in the first example results in the same stem length as the 13.5 number in the new way of doing things.

In the old way, you could specify 'a length for each flag-count' with the list. Whereas, length is a 'User override for the stem length of unbeamed stems.', apparently stems of any flag-count. So the stem length is calculated differently.

I think the difference in stem-length between stems with different flag-counts has been revised.

Browsing the documentation, lengths still exists, but has been taken out the the 'User settable properties' list. It is in the 'details' list, whatever that means.

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "A P" <address@hidden>