Re: Replys

From: Gilles Sadowski
Subject: Re: Replys
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 20:05:42 +0200

Hello.

> Thunderbird doesn't include a "Reply to list" command,

Then, you could file a bug ("wishlist") report, requesting
the feature.

> to lilypond list, and since all other lists follow the practice
> mentioned above, there's no reason for me to change my habits.

It depends.  If the lilypond ML settings are the right way to do
it, then you should.

> But I like LilyPond much and I'd like to use it, so I'd like to monitor
> its mailing lists regularly, but the reply behavior of this list sucks.

"All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less." (http://www.mutt.org/)

By default, "mutt" provides key bindings that do the right thing.
E.g. when viewing your post, I get the following behaviour:

  Key               ->   Address

   r (reply)        ->  To: Tomas Valusek <address@hidden>
   g (group reply)  ->  To: Tomas Valusek <address@hidden>
   L (list reply)   ->  To: address@hidden

Isn't that nice?  :-)

[Note that the group reply does *not* include the ML as one of the
recipients!]

Best,
Gilles