Re: Spacing between adjacent \lyrics?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Spacing between adjacent \lyrics?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks,

As fo me contributing, my knowledge and confidence level are still too low
(2 weeks).  but when I do learn it better I would be glad to help out, but
only at the end-user level.  I think the manual is excellent and much better
than most manuals, great job!  I was able to accomplish my goals quicker
than the other dozen-or-so GUI based programs I've been fiddling with, and
feel that I actually have a "platform" now that is extensible and automated,
unlike un-templated, one at a time, GUI applications.

My only want now is for a macro pre-processor that can write source code by
doing string replacements of command patterns out of functions "myFunc(arg1,
arg2, arg3...)" I write.  Something that gets executed right after the
\include files are processed but BEFORE compilation begins, that would let
you "slip in" dynamic source code prior to compilation, something that goes
beyond simple variable assignment which seems to be happening in the midst
of compilation based on the errors I'm getting.

Where "myFunc(arg1, arg2, arg3...)" simply returns a block of source code
prior to compile, essentially forming a new .ly file, that then gets
compiled.