Re: ADV: Re: time signature outside repeat bars in bagpipe music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ADV: Re: time signature outside repeat bars in bagpipe music
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:02:06 +0200

Quoting Graydon <address@hidden>:

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 07:56:28PM +0200, Mats Bengtsson scripsit:
To get a |: printed at the start of the piece, use an
explicit \bar "|:".

I've been using

\set Timing.whichBar = "|:"

to (so far as I understand it) over-ride the default Timing value of 'no
bar' for the initial bar, which looks like it's working.

Is there a reason to set it explicitly instead of doing it that way?

The \bar command is just a shorthand for \set Timing.whichBar ...
However, I find \bar much easier to remember.

  /Mats