From Lilypond ly to Finale

From: Ben Fisher
Subject: From Lilypond ly to Finale
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:45:52 -0700

I was impressed with Lilypond's cool and fast syntax. I wrote some songs in it, but now unfortunately I need to export those songs back to Finale. (My music professor doesn't like Lilypond...) I've seen that Lilypond has great support for importing other file formats, but had a hard time finding a way to export. Is there a ly to etf, or even better ly to MusicXML converter?

I tried exporting to a MIDI, and then importing the MIDI in Finale, but of course this lost all articulation.

-Ben