Re: 2.8.0 \flat in quotes

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.8.0 \flat in quotes
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:13:43 -0700

Erik Sandberg wrote:
On Thursday 30 March 2006 07.11, Paul Scott wrote:
\version "2.8.0"

This doesn't work:

{ c''1^\markup{ "B \flat" } }

These work:

{ c''1^\markup{ B \flat } address@hidden

{ c''1^\markup{ \line{ B \flat } } }

I needed something to work in \column.  I first tried the quotes which
didn't work and then \line which did.  I would prefer the quotes to
work.  Is this a bug?

no. Stuff within quotes is always interpreted as a pure text string, and it can't contain any formatting instructions (this was different in v2.4 and earlier).
Do the angle bracket delimiters still work in \column which is the point of all this?

Thanks,

Paul