Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:36:23 +0200

The chords are handled just like a stave, when it comes to vertical
spacing. Think of it as an invisible rectangle around each stave
and around each line of chords. These rectangles are placed edge
to edge. The parameters described in this section describe how
LilyPond determines the size of each of these rectangles.

  /Mats

Quoting dave k <address@hidden>:

Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:

LilyPond will ignore the extra-offset, but it will still move the
chords according to the normal position of the text. If you don't want
that, you can specify a fixed vertical extent
of the Staff, see the section on Vertical Spacing and follow the link
at the bottom of the page to the VerticalAlignment object
for more information.

   /Mats

I thought the vertical spacing parameters were for adjusting staves. I don't
really care where the staves are, I just need Lilypond to put symbols without
regard to the position of that markup.