LilyPond

From: David Topham
Subject: LilyPond
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:07:08 +0000 (UTC)

I just discovered LilyPond and wanted a chance to thank everyone that has been
involved with creating and maintaining it. I don't have much experience with
music printing programs, but have use used CakeWalk (really just a sequencer),
and Finale. Although these are good programs, I don't like the mouse point and
click method very much. Sometimes small changes are so hard to figure out. e.g.
Once I took an hour to figure out how to move a Coda sign from one measure to
another!
Of course, I could be a little dense, but still, it shouldn't be that hard. In
contrast, LilyPond is a breath of fresh air. I allows me to manipulate where
things are put in a much more natural way. I feel that I have complete control.
Even the first piece I entered, I was able to figure out how to correct all my
mistakes in a short time by reading the manual and just editing a little. I
think you have a wonderful program.  -Dave