Re: Problems with titling layout

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problems with titling layout
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:56:21 +0200

If you set the line width in the paper block instead of the layout block, then it should apply both to the titling and the music. Now it only applies to the music.

  /Mats

Quoting Cameron Horsburgh <address@hidden>:

Hi folks,

I have a score set out as follows:

**************************
\version "2.8.0"

\header{
        subtitle = \markup{\italic "Brantwood"}
        title = "I Know Thee Who Thou Art"
        poet = "Albert Orsborn"
        composer = "arr. Ray Steadman-Allen"
        arranger = "transc. Cameron Horsburgh"
        meter = "Version 1.0"
        instrument = "Full Score"
}

\score{
        <<music block>>
        \layout{
                line-width = #250

\paper{
        #(set-paper-size "a4" 'landscape)
        %  left-margin = #30
        %  horizontal-shift = #30
        indent = #10
}
****************************

If I compile this, the titling comes out fine, but the instrument names
don't fit on the left hand side of the score. (I have 13 instruments in
the music, so the first system doesn't fit on the first page. I'm happy
with this--it gives me a nice title page).

So I set line-width = #250 in the layout block and set left-margin = #30
in the \paper block. The music fits on the page quite nicely.

However, the titles are all offset to the right, meaning that the title,
subtitle and instrument name are off centre, and the composer and
arranger don't fit properly on the page (please see the attached pdf).

I tried setting horizontal-shift = #30, with the same effect.

I don't remember this being a problem in the past. Any idea how to get
my titles set in the right places without mucking up the rest of my score?

Cameron