How to fine tune ties in 2.8 version ?

From: MX
Subject: How to fine tune ties in 2.8 version ?
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:38:47 +0100

Hi everbody.

You can see in the following pictures 1. the original score, 2. the 2.8 lilypond version with automatic tuning of tie and 3. an attempt to tune the tie with (I guess) the only remaining property : Tie #'staff-position. The result is not very good.

|Can anyone suggest me a best solution to this question ?|

Indeed, the properties Tie #'|staffline-clearance, Tie #'||x-gap, Tie #' y-offset of 2.6 version no more exist in 2.8. I tried the control-points property but it is not really possible to do something with it. I think we need a more easy and complete control over the ties and the slurs too, for example offsets on the beginning and the end of the tie, something like the 2.2 version Slur #'|||attachment-offset property.

|M.X.

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image