Re: New to Lilypond...many questions! Simple chord placement ? to start

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: New to Lilypond...many questions! Simple chord placement ? to start
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:04:30 +0100

Please include a copy of the code you have tried (in the
mail body if you don't manage to attach it any other way).
Otherwise it's very hard to guess what you did.

  /Mats

Edward Ardzinski wrote:

I am using 2.6.5 on a WIndows XP-home box. Pretty new computer, no issues in the 6 months I've been beating it.

I tried to post some code I lifted the example below from one of the examples in the documentation, but the submitter form kept saying I was top posting. I'll describe the issue. If I uncomment either the bass clef of the key signature, the chord symbols will print below the staff for me. Not critical, but it looks better for doing a lead sheet (which is a large part of what I'm seeing myself do with this program) having the chords on top, and the first tune I am working on is in B major...

Is there a way for me to ensure the chord symbols print above the stave? Bug on Windows eXpect Problems?? Especially this cheeze Home Edition?

I am just expecting a little too much of myself after playing "in the pond" for a couple of days? :-)

I would be happy to send an e-mail with an attached .ly file to show what's happening.

Thanks

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems