Re: How to 'unset" something

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: How to 'unset" something
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 15:44:25 -0600

On 3/5/06, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 5-Mar-06, at 9:19 AM, Trevor Bača wrote:
>

> > /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/2.7.35/
> > ly/property-init.ly
>
> You can also get this by right-clicking on the Lilypond application and
> selecting "show package contents".  That takes you to
>
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
> and you can use the normal finder from there.
>
> >   cd /Applications/LilyPond.app
> >   find . -name 'property-init.ly'
>
> Better suggestion:
> cd /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/
>
> Whenever we make a comment about a lilypond file -- say,
> ly/property-init.ly -- it will show up on your system as
> {}/ly/property-init.ly, where {} is the directory above.

Very true.

I remember that it took me a while to figure out. Maybe the exact
comments above could add to the docs as a small section called
"LilyPond File Organization"?

I was just looking through the manual to see where that section might
fit. A new section 5.8 or 10.8 might work ... but I'm not sure ...
maybe a new appendix is better?

(The only comparison point I have handy are the Mathematica docs,
which include a "Mathematica File Organization" section as appendix
A.8 out of A.13.)

Eventually something similar in structure to the ROADMAP textfile in
the sourceball -- but targetted like the user manual (ie, at regular
users rather than develoeprs) -- would probably be nice, since knowing
how to look through the installation resources is, as Carrick was
finding out, still very useful indeed :-)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden