Re: Aligning lyrics to an invisible Voice

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: Aligning lyrics to an invisible Voice
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:59:05 +0100

> I would like to print lyrics in the center of a grandstaff that are
> aligned to a rhythm that is not printed.  Here is what I have tried,
> but lilypond gives the following message,
>
>     warning: cannot find Voice `lyricsRhythm'
>     warning: cannot find Voice `lyricsRhythm'
>
> The result is that the lyricsRhythm appears on it's own staff (I
> don't want it to appear at all); and the lyrics do not appear.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,

This, maybe?

%-----
\version "2.6.3"

upper = \transpose c c' { \time 3/4  c4 e g | c e g | c e g }
lower = \transpose c c { \time 3/4  c2. | c | c }

verseOne = \lyricmode { One two three | four and six | seven }
verseTwo = \lyricmode { Eight nine ten | e -- le -- ven | twelve }

\score {

  \context StaffGroup <<
    \context Staff = upper <<
      \upper

      \context Voice = lyricsRhythm {
        \time 3/4
        \relative c'' {
          \hideNotes
          c4 c c | c4. c8 c4 | c2. |
      \lyricsto lyricsRhythm \new Lyrics \verseOne
      \lyricsto lyricsRhythm \new Lyrics \verseTwo

    \context Staff = lower \lower

  \layout { }
}
%-----

Note: I had to add
  \relative c'' { ... }
to avoid warnings ("ignoring too many clashing note columns").

Best,
Gilles