Re: Lilypond, Pango, TeX and kerning metrics

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Lilypond, Pango, TeX and kerning metrics
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 12:12:22 +0100

Joshua Goforth wrote:
I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.4, Using the latest binary (2.7.36) I want to use Adobe's Garamond Premier Pro (OTF) for all of my lyrics. I know the several methods for choosing fonts, and they work, but the kerning is not right. (looks decent, but not great) My understanding is that this is an issue with how Lilypond uses Pango. Fine, but I need to use the precise kerning metrics of my font that all the rest of my apps use. I've tried converting my font with FontForge to TTF (thinking maybe it

If anything, it is how Pango handles OTF files. Can you check hoow other Pango apps deal with your font, and submit a bugreport with Pango instead? Thanks.

(FWIW: OTF is a superset of TTF , so converting to TTF will probably not work.)