Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 39, Issue 32

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 39, Issue 32
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:57:55 -0500

From: Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: combining files

What didn't work?

First of all, you can skip the \book command, which is implicitly
added around any LilyPond input file if you don't write it yourself.

Also, within each \score{...}, the music should come before the
\header, \layout and \midi, at least in most versions of LilyPond
(I think it was unintentionally permitted to have the music after
the other fields in some versions (2.6?) but then you'll get into
trouble when you upgrade).

I was glad to see this come along when it did. I had the same problem yesterday.

The snippet in section 10.1.12 of the manual is done exactly as you say; however, I find putting anything in front of the header counterintuitive. Perhaps it would be good to add a note saying that it is picky about having the music come first.

thanks
Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor of Computer Science
address@hidden          | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be "profectionist".