latest windows binary on win xp pro

From: coralline algae
Subject: latest windows binary on win xp pro
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:37:51 -0800

http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/mingw/lilypond-2.7.28-1.mingw.exe

I downloaded this build and had the same problem on win xp pro sp2
first a copy failed message during the install, then a pop up message about guile.exe

Later I installed it without any problems whatsoever on win2000 pro
presumably the install problem is specific to win xp pro.   I really cant
provide any more information about this without some assistance on
what to look for or where to look.  If anyone has installed these latest
builds on win xp sp2 or win xp pro sp2  sucessfully I would like to know
as I would then try to install lilypond on win xp without service packs
as a trial.