Re: Vertically overlap lyrics context with staff context

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Vertically overlap lyrics context with staff context
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:05:32 +0100

Please always tell what LilyPond version you use. I will
assume that you have version 2.6.x.

The easiest is probably to specify a fixed extent for the
staff context. Try something like:

\new Staff \with {verticalExtent = #'(-4.0 . 4.0) } {...}

You can find some related information in the section on
Vertical Spacing and the link to Axis_group_engraver.

 /Mats

David Wake wrote:

Is there any way to change the height of a lyrics context so that it
overlaps with a staff context?

I have a staff set up with two voices like this:

Tempo indication

Would like lyrics for upper voice to go here

---------
---------
---------

Lyrics for lower voice

The tempo indication is markup on the music in the staff context which
goes above the staff.  I want the lyrics for the upper voice to go
underneath the tempo indications but above the staff.

I have been unable to figure out how to move the whole lyrics context
vertically so that it is not completely above the staff context.

Thanks for any help,

David