Re: markup free positioning?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: markup free positioning?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:13:54 -0800

On 21-Jan-06, at 7:00 PM, Felix Hammer wrote:

For example. I want to place "hij" above "abc" or overlap "abc". Or i want to overlap the score with "hij". The problem is everytime that i can place near
to the other element but not near enough or cannot overlap.

Really?! I don't think that we check for text collisions. You can't get them to overlap, even using \markup { \translate x "foo" } ?
(see Overview of text markup commands)

If they really don't collide, then you could try using a different command... I think it's \combine? Again, it's on that page of the documentation.

- Graham